Independent Arts and Crafts Professional
About Iris Frederix
Iris Frederix is an autonomous artist with a realistic style of painting.
Her work has been described as classic, fresh and chique and is included in private collections and several business collections in the Netherlands and abroad.*
France/Provence, India, Germany – Sanquin, Gemeente Amsterdam, Allen & Overy lawyers, Kessler stichting and Mechangroep.
DE BASIS PRINCIPES VAN HET SCHILDEREN NAAR DE WAARNEMING
MET DE TECHNIEKEN UIT DE RENAISSANCE
Heb je er altijd al van gedroomd om te schilderen, maar ben je er nog nooit aan toegekomen? Ben je onzeker of je het wel in je hebt, of wil je juist je techniek verbeteren en doorgroeien als kunstenaar? Schrijf je dan snel in voor mijn masterclass en ontdek hoe je je talent optimaal kunt benutten!
The oeuvre book by Iris Frederix
This beautiful hardcoverbook, designed by the Agency DDK contains wonderful pictures of the paintings of Iris Frederix.
In this book, Iris takes you by the hand guided by her personal texts on a journey of her works she created during the past 10 years.
A foreword is written by Brandon Kralik, an artist and blogger of the Huffington Post. Besides this, Dan Dickhof a famous arthistorian, has written a lovely and intriguing essay related to Iris her work. The contribution of these two writers next to the personal words of Iris makes the whole book a very fascinating and special work.
As seen on & featured in…
- "Bij het bekijken van het schilderwerk van Iris Frederix wordt de toeschouwer direct bevangen door vreugde, opwinding en ontroering. De schijnbaar moeiteloos gepenseelde werken van deze kunstenaar blijven hangen, behagen, vragen oproepen en ontroeren. Haast on-Nederlands met een onmiskenbaar internationale allure. Werken als ' Kleine Prins' of 'Ora et Labora' , wat een schoonheid. Verzamelaars van het betere figuratieve schilderwerk kunnen watertanden. De musea met figuratieve kunst moeten zo snel mogelijk plekken aan de wand leeg maken voor schilderijen van deze getalenteerde kunstenaar."Herman Tulp
Independent Arts and Crafts Professional
- I have purchased a very intemate painting from Iris, a buddhist monk standing next to a Bodhi tree. I was very lucky to be able to purchase the painting because in the pre-exibition phase the whole series was almost sold out. Lucky in the sense that I would have bought them all. Since then I have sold my entire art collection, but I kept this one. Because of its sheer beauty, the attention which Iris has put in the various details.Chris den Daas
- My wife and I are very pleased with a portrait painted by Iris. This portrait is a reminder of our wedding and we wanted to capture this event in an image which would reflect who we are. With this idea we went to Iris who helped us with determining the basic composition. Prior to the start of the painting, Iris had us posing in various positions in front of a camera. The photo’s gave us a good insight into the final composition and translation of the theme which Iris had in mind. Both my wife and I had separate posing sessions during the detailing of the painting. Because of this we could follow the realisation step by step. Although we saw the preliminary work, the end result was thrilling and we received it with much excitement.Gijs Kappen
Mechanical Design Engineer (a.i.) at Verhaar Omega
- "In de salon van Hiddinks Amsterdamse woning springt op de wand met schilderijen een dubbelportret eruit van twee oude mensen, die elkaar liefdevol vasthouden. Het zijn Gerrit en Jo Hiddink, zijn onlangs overleden ouders. “Het schilderij is gemaakt door een jonge talentvolle kunstenares, Iris Frederix. .... Mijn moeder is twee jaar terug overleden en mijn vader vorig jaar. Het schilderij is een mooie herinnering aan mijn ouders. De kunstenares heeft hun ziel geraakt.”Guus Hiddink
Bron: De Telegraaf
- "Amazing! When I saw the portrait of our son for the first time after Iris finished it, I was absolutely moved. I never thought a painting could do that. We are so very happy with the personal touch Iris has put in the painting she made of Max. You can see that the painting is filled with the personality and soul of Max. The painting feels alive and Iris has captivated his character perfectly. We are so proud with this beautiful portrait. Thank you Iris!"Liane den Hartog
Owner, Light Your Fire
- "Iris is a warm and positive person who understands that painting live models includes building a connection with them. She has a strong talent for reading characters and highlighting her models' personalities on canvas. Moreover, Iris loves art and aesthetics in many forms, which has helped her develop as an artist as well as made her an inspiring person to work with. She enjoys teaching as much as learning, which is shown by her recent efforts in teaching masterclasses as well as her classic study trips abroad, where she meets other artists and studies new surroundings and compositions. Most importantly, her paintings are beautiful."Laura Kits
Consultant, McKinsey & Company
- "The work of Iris is of a high quality. Her subjects differ, from portrait commissions to wonderful memories of her travels around the world. Her style is realistic, but with an impressionist touch, colorful, warm and intense. Always a pleasure to look at."Eduard Planting
Owner, Eduard Planting Gallery
- "Recently we bought the beautiful painting ' TRANQUILITY (RUST) ' from Iris. Every day it amazes me again how she has painted so many beautiful details. The colors, so beautifully in harmony with each other, the fabric of the clothing, almost palpably tender, but especially the dreamy emotion she has given to the young woman moves me every time. My husband and I are incredibly happy with this work! In 2010, Iris also made portraits of our two daughters. Thanks to the same sensitive intensity, they are still always near us, even though they no longer live at home. Iris is not only an exceptionally good painter, she is also very inspiring. The thoughts and ideas she expressed on the two assignments mentioned above inspired us and were very helpful in shaping an eventual outcome that was to our fullest satisfaction. At the same time, she also remains true to herself and she clearly has her own input. Combining these two elements with heart and soul is a rare and valuable professional skill that, I believe, has greatly benefited the work she has done for us."Magreet de Groot
trainer gespreksvoering en presenteren; coach voor docenten
De basis principes van het schilderen naar de waarneming met de technieken uit de Renaissance